Friday, January 7, 2011

Day 7


007/365

I took a photo I love at Half Price Books today. Will was immersed in books and oblivious to me. He doesn't even flinch at the flash of my camera anymore. But to me, aside from the memories, this project is very much about about growing as a photographer, so unless I am in a pinch, I don't want to even think of posting anything not taken with my SLR.

After we got home, Will watched his first ever episode of Jimmy Neutron. Jimmy took the gang to Egypt and brought some mummies back to life. The mummies were a big hit with Will and he talked about them all night. At dinner, John started telling Will all about the mummy we saw in China. This prompted a trip down memory lane, so we pulled out the computer and began showing Will various pictures of himself in China while we searched for the mummy photos. And thus this photo was born.

John was the only family member not yet featured in the 365, so at least his eyes are now represented! Nothing lights him up like talking about Will and our adventures bringing him home. I think here you can see it in his eyes...but you can see it much better if you enlarge the photo.