Thursday, January 6, 2011

Day 6


006/365

Meet Kevin. Some of you may know him. He's from the Island of Sodor and hangs out with a guy named Thomas. I have absolutely nothing against Kevin--except his price tag.

So today when my little boy told me he wanted him, I tried everything I could to talk him out of it. I told him he had a birthday coming up, that he could wait for a coupon, that he could even have a smaller Kevin. Nothing worked. Since Will is an excellent saver and only spends his money when he really wants something, it was impossible to say "no." To me it's a cheap piece of plastic and wood. To Will it's the most awesome train in the world, just like the one at Birkshire Trains, who is also a crane. You just can't beat that. Then I thought of all the scrapbooking and quilting gadgets I have that are just junk to most people. So what did I do? I let Will come home with a very pricey piece of plastic and wood. Priceless.