Sunday, January 23, 2011

Day 22


022/365

The Challenges: A Sequence Collage and a New Processing Technique

Will at the Little Gym, at least for a few minutes! We'd been trying to get there for a year. We finally got there a few minutes before they closed yesterday. Will fell asleep just a couple minutes before we got there. Then he went in and stood by the wall while I talked to a former colleague who now owns The Little Gym. When I went in to encourage Will to play, I said, "Will you play if Mommy walks with you?" He very angrily said, "Grrr. Yeah. Look at all the mommies and daddies playing." Then he waved his hand around the room to indicate all the mommies and daddies playing with their children. A horrible mommy moment, realizing my little boy wasn't playing because he was waiting for me and feeling like the only one who's mommy didn't want to play with him. But then we started playing and had a good time, if only for a few minutes.


Note to Self: Be careful how I handle my little tender-hearted boy whom I love with all my heart!