Monday, May 9, 2011

Day 128


128/365

Happy Mother's Day! Mine was quite perfect. I awoke to the Mother's Day Elf bringing me a gift bag complete with a 73% cocoa bar, a silver camera charm for my charm bracelet, and a Kindle! We had a yummy waffle breakfast together as a family before church. After church I got to hit the Carter's outlet for 30% off clearance for Gemma and Will. (There's not much I like better than dressing up my little ones.) Then we strolled around Mayfest for the afternoon. Lunch consisted of one of John's friend giving us half off at his yummy pizza booth, which we topped off with funnel cake and later, after walking around in the heat, a cherry Italian ice, which you see in the photo above. As if that wasn't enough food, John later made us the most yummy Mexican we have had in a long time.

I love being a mommy and am happy this year I celebrated as a mother of two. I also missed my mom and grandma a little extra today. Each year as I experience the various stages of my children's lives, I have a new appreciation for all that mothers do. I hope everyone had a very Happy Mother's Day, whether celebrating yourself, your loved ones, or both!